KAKAO is not processed or tempered, meaning if it is exposed to high temperatures and/or humidity, it will melt. We assure you, your KAKAO is 100% in perfect condition to still enjoy. If it is no longer in powder form to scoop out, you have a few easy options:
Option 1: Break/slice off a few pieces and use a kitchen scale to weigh out 30-40 grams. Prepare as normal.
Option 2: Put the broken chunks of KAKAO into a food processor to make a powder or chop finely. Prepare as normal with 3-4 tbsp.
Please note: we cannot replace melted cacao, as it's perfectly safe to consume. Thank you for your understanding.
While we do know many moms who have safely drank KAKAO throughout their entire pregnancy, as well as during breastfeeding, we as a company cannot make recommendations as to what is safe for you and your baby during these times.
We of course always encourage anyone to check in with their intuition/guidance system, in addition to inquiring with a licensed, holistic medical professional that you trust.
With all of this said, if you have been told that cacao is safe for you during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding, we feel very confident that KAKAO is a brand that can be trusted as the highest quality. KAKAO exceeds the standards for both mould and heavy metal levels that are set by regulating authorities.
KAKAO has very very little caffeine, as it is ceremonial grade. I (Makenzie) personally cannot have ANY caffeine due to an already overstimulated nervous system, and yet 2 cups of KAKAO per day serve me extremely well!
If your higher guidance says yes, then I would let the spirit of Cacao nourish your nervous system, connect you to your higher self and guide you throughout this journey of body, mind, and spirit.
Check out this blog post that Michael wrote on how cacao affects the brain & body:
There really is no such thing as fully raw cacao, and there is a lot of miseducation our there now that ‘raw cacao powder’ has become a trend in the health-food world.
As per the standards that other ‘raw cacao’ companies abide by, YES we are ‘raw’ because we do not temper or heat our cacao paste. With that said, all cacao beans must be fermented and lightly toasted. We source roasted cacao beans which are required to make drinking chocolate, and no further heating happens from there.
No nutrients are lost when lightly toasting, which is why you can make our KAKAO into a hot cup of drinking chocolate without damaging any of the nutrients that make cacao the superfood that it is.
Furthermore, our KAKAO is specifically made to evoke the power of the cacao spirit. Yes, cacao is a superfood and very good for the brain & body, however we go about our KAKAO-Making/Blessing with the intention of delivering a plant medicine that people can use to access their heart space in daily ceremony/meditation. Beyond the physical body, our KAKAO accesses DNA and chakra systems to upgrade and shift consciousness further into alignment with the person’s Soul.
‘Raw Cacao Powder’ is a derivative of the cacao bean, making it an easy addition to smoothies and healthy desserts. Our KAKAO, however, is much different. KAKAO uses the *whole* cacao bean, meaning all cocoa butter is still present.
A few other other distinct differences:
1. We source Chuncho Cacao beans from Peru. These are native strains of cacao that ensure Mother Earth’s true intention and power is present in your drinking chocolate. Most companies do not elaborate on which strain they source, often times because they don’t know or it is a hybrid. We avoid all man-made, hybrid or genetically modified strains and our mission as a non-profit is to help save the native strains that are currently endangered due to cross-pollination and commercialization.
2. We do not use any commercial processing equipment when creating KAKAO. A traditional stone grinder from Central America is used to create our drinking chocolate from the whole cacao beans. This is very important as we want the vibration of the cacao to stay extremely high and in alignment with Mother Earth.
3. We bless our KAKAO very intentionally with frequencies of love, compassion, abundance and Unity Consciousness. Our KAKAO is to be used *by itself*, in daily ceremony/meditation, versus as an add-in or simple superfood. (KAKAO is *not* made for smoothies or baking!!) KAKAO is a powerful plant medicine, that when embraced properly in Sacred Ceremony, can upgrade your DNA, open your heart, help you access creativity, and bring you further into alignment with your Higher Self.
We travel with KAKAO all the time! We weigh out 3-4 tbsp in a sachet before we go so that the measuring is already done. We bring insulated keep-cups and this amazing electric mixer that can be brought on a plane.Check it out here.
Our KAKAO recipe never changes, however because we use *native, organic, unaltered* cacao beans, there will be differences in the earthiness, creaminess/cacao butter-content, etc based on the season & climate.
Large chocolate-making corporations go to great extent to ensure their beans & products taste exactly the same every time, typically at the sacrifice of what mother earth actually intended.
KAKAO 501c3 non-profit is committed to purchasing native beans from the cacao farmers, and keeping them unadulterated in any way.
Feel free to always play with the KAKAO you receive to make it your own.You can be sure that you are receiving very pure, sacred, ceremonial-cacao that will open your heart, access your emotional body, spark your creativity, and connect you to life in a deep way.From a taste standpoint, be playful & creative: add your own chilli powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maca powder, cinnamon, or other superfoods.
We offer two types of cacao, both native and ceremonial-grade:
1. KAKAO SIGNATURE BLEND: We source Chuncho cacao beans from Peru, create it into a pure paste using traditional grinding methods, and then we add in ingredients to make your life simpler: Panela (organic sugar from Peru), Vanilla Extract (fresh from Costa Rica) and Chile Powder (fresh from Peru). When you receive this blend, you can add it to the blender with hot water, and a bit of coconut oil (optional but deliciously creamy), that's it! It of course holds the energy of Peru's sacred lands; we work directly with the Chuncho cacao farmers in Quillabamba and currently produce the finished product right in Peru.
2. KAKAO PURE: Same as above, just without the panela, vanilla and chile! This way, you get to choose what you add and how much. You will receive our pure cacao paste, that has been ground up into a granular product for easy scooping/measuring.
This heart medicine is calling us all forth to share her in a bigger way.
The world is so, so ready for her assistance in opening our hearts across the globe and dropping into daily ceremony.
We have had so many people ask us recently for our ‘blessing’ to lead their own ceremonies and conscious events utilizing KAKAO.
Yes yes yes.
You have our blessing and support. We couldn’t be more honored to be a part of this movement. And yet we are only ONE small part.
Ceremonial Cacao is simply a connector, meaning the opportunities are endless. Add KAKAO into the gatherings that you create and lead in your community. Whether it’s conscious comedy, couples' retreats, sound healing, yoga and breathwork classes, moon circles, support groups, and sooo much more, KAKAO has the power to supercharge the connection, heart-opening and intention for all of your offerings. .
Our top 5 tips for sharing KAKAO with your friends, family and community:
1. Let the spirit of cacao guide you.
2. Your higher guidance and personal intuition is more powerful than anything Michael and I could ever give you.
3. Remember the sacredness of this plant medicine.
4. Always set intentions and invite those you are sharing with to do the same (whether verbally or inwardly).
5. Be open to miracles!
Continue on in our FAQ section for more information on how to make KAKAO for groups, and more!
Creating a sacred space before people arrive is an essential part of holding cacao ceremonies.
This may include:
Cleansing the space with Sage and/or Palo Santo; diffusing essential oils, cleaning/clearing space, setting up comfy seats, laying out crystals, oracle cards, candles, music, and whatever else you are guided to.
You can also ask people to bring yoga mats and/or cushions if you don't have enough seating space. We love holding cacao ceremonies on the floor, in a circle, while keeping in mind that some people may have trouble sitting on the floor for that long (so may need to lay down).
Decide how you want people to enter the space:
Do you want people to wait outside the room & enter when the ceremony is ready to commence; gather in the space beforehand (I'd recommend having a chime to ring when it’s time!)? Or do you want people to enter the space when they arrive, receive their KAKAO & sit quietly while waiting for the ceremony opening?
We like to have people sit quietly with their KAKAO in the space they choose to sit; you can tell them to drink their KAKAO while hot, or you can have them wait until opening blessing is complete. Ask the spirit of cacao to guide you on this.
Let everyone know that KAKAO is a plant medicine; ask them to invite in the Spirit of Cacao to their heart. It is in reverence to the medicine & to Gaia for gifting it to us. You can speak about KAKAO & cacao (the plant) -I recommend reading some of the info on our website & sharing the information that speaks to you - don’t worry about sharing all of it!
Invite people to set their intentions/sip their KAKAO when they receive it as it takes 30-40 minutes to fully activate in the system.
You may want to share some of your own personal experiences with KAKAO, your connection to the medicine is what is gathering people in ceremony.
Share an opening blessing from your heart!
Create space for a period of meditation. You may choose to guide it yourself, listen to a guided meditation, or have a period of silence with music. This can last however long you feel appropriate.
You may choose to open the space & ask people to share their intentions, or you may have a guided question.
Anything else you would like to add into your sacred space: music, toning, breath work, sacred sounds, journaling, intentional sharing, affirmations, etc.
This comes from the heart! Personal invites are best. Share that you are creating a sacred space for connection to self, each other, and your community. If you are hosting this ceremony with a specific intention in mind, share about it! You may feel called to share why you are desiring to create this space in your community &/or why you feel called to invite him/her.
Cacao ceremonies can be one-on-one, say with you and your close friend, or they can be for a group. There is no right or wrong, so follow your guidance and always have the intention to open your heart and connect from that place.
You can opt in to purchase insurance at checkout (fee is 1-2% of your total cart cost) to protect you in the unlikely event that something does go wrong between your KAKAO leaving our fulfilment centre and reaching your doorstep.
In the case that your package is missing or has been damaged, our team will do everything possible to assist and make sure that your KAKAO makes its way to you! With that said, if you opt out of insurance, we are unable to replace or refund you for any shipping related incidents unless it was the fault of our fulfilment centre/our team.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection